- Chinese property developers raised only half the amount a month earlier, the lowest in two years.
- The authorities are tightening financing rules for developers to prevent land market from overheating. Analysts expect tighter conditions in June.
Chinese property developers' borrowing spree falters as the regulators tighten financing rules to prevent the land market from overheating, dampening expectations that the country may relax restrictions on the real estate sector to boost the economy amid the bitter trade war with the US.
The 40 major property developers raised 36.8 billion yuan in May, 52 per . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you. Don't miss out!
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related information.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on Chinese equities, bonds, the yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
Not ready for the full service? Subscribe to our Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In