The local government of Chongqing city, a provincial level city in southwestern China has decided to ban all peer-to-peer (P2P) lenders, a local financial regulator said on Friday, after Shandong and Hunan provinces last month took the most radical action by a provincial government against the sector.
None of the 29 P2P lending companies operating in the region complied with regulations and passed their scrutiny, according to a statement released on Friday by the local . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In