Local branches of 12 commercial banks in the city of Hefei in central China's Anhui province have halted granting home mortgage loans to second-hand home buyers, in another move to tighten property restrictions following rapid home price growth.
The banks include China Construction Bank, Bank of China, Bank of Hangzhou, Huaxia Bank, Everbright Bank, Bank of Communications, Bohai Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, China Guangfa Bank, Citic Bank, China Merchants Bank, according to the state-run Securities Times . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In