Commercial banks in several Chinese cities including Beijing, Hangzhou and Nanjing have lowered interest rates on home mortgage loans and also accelerated the process of granting loans, bolstering speculation of relaxing restrictions over the sector.
Branches of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Bank of China in Hangzhou, in China's eastern Zhejiang province, took the lead in lowering mortgage interest rates recently, followed by local branches of China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, China Merchants Bank and HSBC Bank.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In