Commercial banks in several Chinese cities including Beijing, Hangzhou and Nanjing have lowered interest rates on home mortgage loans and also accelerated the process of granting loans, bolstering speculation of relaxing restrictions over the sector.
Branches of the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and Bank of China in Hangzhou, in China's eastern Zhejiang province, took the lead in lowering mortgage interest rates recently, followed by local branches of China Construction Bank, Agricultural Bank of China, China Merchants Bank and HSBC Bank.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In