China's Ministry of Finance has brought forward 1 trillion yuan ($142.07 billion) of the 2020 local government special-purpose bonds quota to this year as it seeks to boost infrastructure investment to arrest the economy from slowing further.
The allotment amounts to 47 per cent of the special-purpose bond quota for 2019, which was 2.15 trillion yuan, and is within the cap of 60 per cent approved last year by the National People . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In