Chinese stocks are having a long-awaited bull run, with more than 97 per cent of stocks in the A-share market trading higher than the start of the year. The benchmark Shanghai Composite Index has climbed 22.5 per cent during the period.
You may wonder who are the best performers in the rally. Don't be surprised. The best performers so far are those companies that slashed earnings forecasts and posted huge losses for 2018.
Some say the bounce in these shares was driven by a broad market rally, some believe it's a reflection of the speculative environment in the A-share market, while other believe that it's driven by contrarians who believe the round of bad news for the type of stocks is ending.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In