The State Council, China's cabinet, on Monday unveiled an ambitious plan for developing a "Greater Bay Area" around the Pearl River Delta, in a bid to spur growth of nine cities in Guangdong province and the cities of Hong Kong and Macau.
The area is home to some 68 million people with a combined GDP of $1.5 trillion, roughly . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In