Chinese authorities have allowed asset management companies to acquire matured debt that local government financing vehicles (LGFVs) are unable to repay, in a move to dissolve risks from local governments' hidden debt, according to the 21st Century Business Herald.
"The debt obligations can be transferred to asset management companies (AMCs) through debt restructuring in a market-oriented way and the process should comply with relevant laws and regulations," according to the report, citing people from a local . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In