The Chinese Embassy in Washington on Tuesday denounced the U.S. imposition of visa restrictions on some Chinese officials over China’s treatment of Muslim minorities in Xinjiang as interference in China’s internal affairs.
The US move “seriously violates the basic norms governing international relations, interferes in China’s internal affairs and undermines China’s interests. China deplores and firmly opposes that,” spokesperson of the embassy said in a statement.
“Xinjiang does not have the so-called human rights . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In