China announced the list of the first batch of US products to be exempted from 25 per cent extra tariffs put in place last year, although agriculture products like soybeans and pork are excluded from the list.
China will exempt 16 categories of US goods from additional retaliatory tariffs, including whey and fish meal, pharmaceuticals and some lubricants, according to a statement released by the Ministry of Finance on Wednesday.
The exemptions apply to the first round of tariffs China . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In