China has been gearing up rhetoric on the possibility to weaponize rare earth to strike back in a trade war with the US, after speculations was prompted by Chinese President Xi Jinpin's visit to Jiangxi province, a major rare earth mining and process base in China.
In a strongly worded commentary published by the official People's Daily, China said the US should not underestimate China’s ability to . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In