China unveiled a new plan on Tuesday to make it easier for companies, including state-owned “zombie” companies, to exit the market in a move to make the economy more efficient. It ruled that local governments are not allowed to provide subsidies or loans to keep “zombie” companies alive.
The move intends to improve resource allocation to unleash the economy’s . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In