China will open up its oil and gas exploration and production sector to private and foreign companies, offering further details of a policy that will help assuage concerns over access to the industry ahead of signing of a phase one trade deal with the US next week.
Companies with net assets of at least 300 million yuan ($43 million) are eligible for permits, China's Ministry of Natural Resources said at a news briefing on . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In