China released its ambitious plan for deeper integration in Yangtze River Delta - Shanghai and the three neighbouring provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Anhui, as another push by Beijing to drive growth through regional blocs after the Greater Bay Area plan for southern China.
The plan released by the State Council on Sunday laid out two main goals: achieving socio-economic integration by 2025 and then finalising it by 2035.
In November last year, President Xi . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In