China released its ambitious plan for deeper integration in Yangtze River Delta - Shanghai and the three neighbouring provinces of Jiangsu, Zhejiang and Anhui, as another push by Beijing to drive growth through regional blocs after the Greater Bay Area plan for southern China.
The plan released by the State Council on Sunday laid out two main goals: achieving socio-economic integration by 2025 and then finalising it by 2035.
In November last year, President Xi . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In