China has resumed construction of nearly 90 per cent major infrastructure project as the spread of the coronavirus slows. Local governments are also accelerating bond issuance to shore up the economy hit by the coronavirus outbreak.
The resumption rate of China's major projects has increased to 89.1 per cent from 2.3 per cent on February 6, said Ou Xiang, head of the investment department of the National Development and Reform Commission, the country's . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- Original and data-driven reporting with details and perspectives you won't find anywhere else
- THE WIRE - A real-time platform focused on China, with up-to-the-minute updates
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- We focus. That's why you choose us.
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In