China and the US have agreed on the text of a phase one trade deal, which will see tariffs on Chinese goods rolled back in phases, said Chinese officials at at a press conference late Friday.
China will increase imports of high-quality goods and services from the US as part of the deal and the US will remove the punitive tariffs on Chinese goods in stages, Vice Commerce Minister Wang Shouwen said.
“The deal . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In