China still has room for monetary expansion, but its ability to deal successfully with a crisis depends on whether monetary policy can work together with fiscal and structural reform policies, the former governor of the People's Bank of China Zhou Xiaochuan said Thursday.
Zhou said it requires cooperation with fiscal policy and structural reforms for monetary policy to be effective and successful in stimulating growth and preventing crisis.
He also warned about the situation . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In