China's central bank will take further steps to encourage equity financing and deepen capital market reforms to diversify financing services in the banking sector, said Pan Gongsheng, deputy governor of the People's Bank of China (PBOC) on Tuesday.
"The prudent monetary policy will continue to provide a proper monetary and financing environment for financial supply-side reform and high-quality development," Pan said during an interview with China Central Television.
Pan's comments came after Chinese President Xi Jinxing said China should deepen supply-side reform in the financial sector and strengthen the sector’s role in the . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In