China will step up counter-cyclical measures and meanwhile balance the relationship between stabilising growth and preventing financial risks, said the Financial Stability and Development Committee under the State Council in a meeting chaired by Vice Premier Liu He on Thursday.
The government will increase “counter-cyclical” adjustments while resolving financial risks through more reforms, according to a statement summarising the meeting posted on the Chinese government website.
The statement came after latest data showed . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In