China will issue a three-year development plan for the country’s financial technology (fintech) sector, in a move to make it globally competitive while fending off risks, said the People's Bank of China (PBOC), China's central bank, in a statement released on Thursday.
China will use the fintech sector as a “new engine” for country’s high-quality financial development, said the PBOC.
Under a development plan . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In