China will keep monetary policy prudent, flexible and appropriate, step up counter-cyclical adjustments and maintain reasonably ample liquidity to make sure money supply and credit to grow at a pace appropriate to the economic growth, said the central bank on Sunday after a work meeting chaired by People’s Bank of China (PBOC) Governor Yi Gang.
The expression "flexible and appropriate" for 2020, which is different from the "appropriate, neither too tight nor too loose" last . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In