China will allow local governments to use proceeds of special bonds as capital for more infrastructure projects, in a move to spur economic growth amid signs pointing to further economic slowdown.
Three months ago, China relaxed rules to allow local governments to use proceeds from special bond sales as capital for four types of investment projects including highways, railways, electricity and gas projects.
The relaxed rule will be applicable to . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In