China plans to step up controls on exports of rare earths to protect and better use the strategically important resource, said the National Development and Reform Commission, the top economic planner, in a meeting attended by industy experts on Tuesday.
The meeting suggested setting up a mechanism to track and review the entire process of rare earth exports, and meanwhile, strengthenjng crackdown on illegal production and smuggling of the minerals . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In