Chinese government announced a package of new measures on Tuesday to drive consumption in the world's second largest economy which is hit by slowing domestic demand and protracted trade tensions with the United States.
Ten government departments led by the National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC), the country's top economic planner, unveiled a package of 24 measures to help drive “stable growth of consumption” in 2019, including boosting sales of cars and home appliance, increasing consumption in rural areas and strengthening consumer protections.
"The slowdown in auto sales was the main contributor to the consumption slowdown last year . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In