China has little interest in immediately starting negotiations on phase two of a trade agreement with the US, Chinese Vice Premier Liu He told Chinese media in Washington after signing the phase one trade deal with US President Donald Trump.
The comments sharply diverged from those of Trump, who said a few hours earlier the two nations would be starting phase two as soon as phase one kicks in.
Liu said “we might get nothing . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In