China and the US may be stuck in a cycle of "fighting and talking" until 2035, according to a senior researcher at a state-backed think tank.
Relations will get worse before they get better and for the next few years both sides will test each other’s strategic intentions and be prone to misjudgments which make trade talks difficult, said Zhang Yansheng, chief researcher at the China Center for . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In