China expressed regrets over the planned tariff hike by the US on Chinese imports and vows to fight back if the US puts the punitive tariffs into effects
"China deeply regrets this and will have not choice but to take necessary countermeasures if the US sides puts the tariff measures into effect," said the Ministry of Commerce in a statement released late Wednesday.
"Escalating trade frictions is against the interests . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In