China expressed regrets over the planned tariff hike by the US on Chinese imports and vows to fight back if the US puts the punitive tariffs into effects
"China deeply regrets this and will have not choice but to take necessary countermeasures if the US sides puts the tariff measures into effect," said the Ministry of Commerce in a statement released late Wednesday.
"Escalating trade frictions is against the interests of the two peoples as well as the people of the world," said the ministry.
The statement is in response to US announcement on Wednesday that it would raise tariffs . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In