Chinese policymakers vowed to maintain economic growth within a "reasonable range" in 2020 and to avoid systemic financial risks, according to the official Xinhua News Agency, citing a Poliburo meeting chaired by President Xi Jinping on Friday.
The meeting concluded that the long-term trend of a stable economy remains, although “risks and challenges at home and abroad have risen significantly."
“We must turn external pressure into a strong driving force for deepening reform and . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In