China's demand for steel products will drop slightly in 2020 to about 874 million tons, 0.6 per cent down from a year earlier, said a government-linked industry research body, adding that global demand is expected to fall 1.2 per cent to about 1.8 billion tons.
Li Xinchuang, head of the China Metallurgical Industry Planning and Research Institute, released the figures at a press conference on Thursday.
In a breakdown, construction . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In