Chinese electric car maker BYD Co Ltd, backed by US investor Warren Buffett and whose products include battery electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, saw profit surge 203.6 per cent year-on-year in the first half of the year.
The Shenzhen-based carmaker posted net profit of 1.45 billion yuan ($205.29 million), up from 479.10 million yuan a year earlier. Its revenue rose 14.8 . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In