China’s home sales in major cities declined further amid rising expectation of a cooling housing market after the authority ramped up restrictions on the sector.
New home sales in 40 major Chinese cities measured by floor space fell 9 per cent from a month earlier, down for the second straight months, 3 per cent down from August last year, according to the E-House China R&D Institute in Shanghai.
In the four top-tier cities, new home . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- Original and data-driven reporting with details and perspectives you won't find anywhere else
- THE WIRE - A real-time platform focused on China, with up-to-the-minute updates
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- We focus. That's why you choose us.
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In