China's land market continues the downtrend after the authorities ramped up restrictions to prevent the market from overheating.
Meanwhile, the divergence between large and small developers widens, with top homebuilders still in a shopping mode while smaller ones cutting spending given more difficulties in securing funding and slower cash collection amid cooling home sales.
Total land sales measured by floor space in China's 40 major cities fell 7.9 per cent in October . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In