China Evergrande, the country’s third largest property developer by sales, posted a 45 per cent plunge in first-half core profit on Wednesday, becoming the first among the mainland’s top developers to report a decline in earnings.
The first drop for the homebuilder since the first half of 2016 came after the central government rolled out a slew of cooling measures . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In