One of China’s leading drugmakers has asked the Shanghai stock exchange to suspend trading of its shares from Monday after securities regulators confirmed the company faked its financial statements between 2016 and 2018.
The Shanghai-listed Kangmei Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd was found to have used fake bank deposit slips to inflate its cash holding, forged documents for non-existent business activities and transferred its funds to affiliates to trade . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In