China's macro leverage ratio rose by 1.6 percentage points to 251.1 per cent by the end of the third quarter from 249.5 per cent at the end of June, according to the latest research from the China Academy of Social Sciences, the country's leading state think tank.
That brings the leverage 7.4 percentage points higher than the beginning of the year - up by 5.1 percentage points, 0.7 percentage points . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In