China’s pig herd shrank by 32.2 per cent in July from the same month a year ago and the number of sows declined by 31.9 per cent in the month, said the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs on Thursday, as African swine fever continues to spread through the country.
The declines in both pig and sow numbers last month are significantly steeper than the previous month when the pig herd shrank by 25.8 per cent . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In