China reported two new outbreaks of African swine fever within a week, after the authorities tried to calm the market saying "outbreaks are slowing". Analysts say there are signs that hog prices are resuming gains after recent fluctuations and some believe the rising trend will last until 2021.
On Saturday, China’s southwestern Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region confirmed a new outbreak of African swine fever (ASF), the Ministry of Agriculture . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- 7 * 24 Wire that delivers the earliest possible alerts of market-moving news and tailored insights from China
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly newsletter with Editor's Picks
Already have an account? Sign In