China’s property investment growth eased to a three-month low in October, suggesting a critical pillar of the economy is softening amid tightening restrictions on the sector. However, property sales picked up and new construction starts surged in a sign developers are rushing to promote sales.
Real estate investment grew 10.3 per cent year-on-year in the first ten months, compared to a 10.5 per cent gain in the period January - September, according . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In