A local government financing vehicle (LGFV) in the northern Chinese city of Hohhot, Inner Mongolia autonomous region, has failed to repay principal on 1 billion yuan bonds, underscoring the debt woes amid the economic slowdown in the world's second largest economy.
The bond issuer, Hohhot Economic and Technological Development Zone Investment Development Group Co. Ltd., failed to repay principal on 1 billion yuan, five-year privately placed note on Friday after investors exercised a put . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In