China's services sector activity expanded at the fastest pace in three months in August driven by strong growth of new orders and the biggest increase in hiring in over a year, shows a private survey.
The Caixin/Markit services purchasing managers’ index (PMI) picked up to 52.1 in August, the best performance since May, compared with 51.6 a month earlier, extending the growth streak since late 2015. The 50-point separates growth from contraction on a monthly . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- Original and data-driven reporting with details and perspectives you won't find anywhere else
- THE WIRE - A real-time platform focused on China, with up-to-the-minute updates
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- We focus. That's why you choose us.
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In