Chinese trust companies' lending to the real estate sector declined in the third quarter from the preceding three months, marking the first quarterly drop since the fourth quarter of 2015, amid tightening scrutiny on homebuilders' financing.
Trust companies' lending to the real estate developers fell 5.05 per cent, or 148 billion yuan in the third quarter from the previous three months to 2.78 trillion yuan, according to a report published by China Trustee Association (CTA . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - the ONLY real-time financial news platform focused on China, with 24/7 continuous live updates
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
Don't Miss Christmas Offer! Full subscription less than $0.5 a day!
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you.
Already have an account? Sign In