China is increasing financial and management support for local governments in their fight against the coronavirus outbreak, including efforts by local authorities to relieve pressure on cash-strapped businesses.
The Financial Stability and Development Committee (FSDC), which coordinates the activities of financial regulators and the central bank, has opened eight new provincial-level offices in a move to better coordinate virus response efforts on behalf of the State Council, the country's cabinet.
One of . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- Original and data-driven reporting with details and perspectives you won't find anywhere else
- THE WIRE - A real-time platform focused on China, with up-to-the-minute updates
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- We focus. That's why you choose us.
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In