Chinese home appliance makers and mobile phone producers are rushing to build factories in India to take advantage of its cheap labor and huge market growth potential.
On November 3, Midea Group invested US$13.5 billion (US$1.27 billion) in the Midea Science and Technology Park in Supa Parner, Maharashtra, India. Midea plans to build this technology park into a production base for household appliances, HVAC equipment and air-conditioning compressors in the next five years.
In fact, Midea announced last year that it would launch a “green space” project in India, thereby expanding the localization of manufacturing . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In