Chinese real estate developers see a sell-off in their stocks and dollar bonds, with their yields skyrocketing amid tight dollar liquidity.
On Thursday, developers' stocks tumbled in both mainland and Hong Kong. In the mainland market, a gauge tracking the sector compiled by the Shenwan Hongyuan Securities fell 2 per cent, one of the worst performers on the day. China Vanke fell 4 per cent to close at the lowest level since January 2019.
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- Original and data-driven reporting with details and perspectives you won't find anywhere else
- THE WIRE - A real-time platform focused on China, with up-to-the-minute updates
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- We focus. That's why you choose us.
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In