China’s industrial companies see their profits drop in April after a rapid growth in the previous months, due to weaker demand and slower manufacturing activity, adding signs that the pickup earlier this year may have been unsustainable and intensifying pressure for more government support to reinvigorate a weakening economy.
Industrial profits declined 3.7 per cent from a year earlier to 515.4 billion yuan in April, according to . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Original and in-depth reporting on China's economy and financial markets
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- Daily Brief newsletters to get you prepared for every trading day
- Weekly updates on China's financial markets - stocks, bonds, the yuan and commodities
- Interviews and discussions on topics you should never miss!
Already have an account? Sign In