China's local government bond sales in June hit the highest so far this year and the regulators significantly accelerated approval of fixed-asset investment projects as Beijing ramps up infrastructure spending to spur the weakening economy amid a bitter trade war with the United States.
Net local government bond issuance hit 717 billion yuan last month, the highest amount so far this year and accounting for one third of the total amount in the first half of the year . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In