Chinese government recently pledged ample liquidity to invigorate the economy faced with slowing domestic demand and escalating trade tensions with the United States.
The People's Bank of China (PBOC) injected a great amount of liquidity by means of targeted cut in reserve-requirement ratio (RRR), open market operation and the medium-term lending facility (MLF) since the start of July. The market has started to sense the change of the policy stance, with interbank borrowing costs, government bond yields and interest-rate swaps are hitting record lows.
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from intelligent readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In