Chinese stocks of nuclear power equipment makers staged a strong rally on Monday boosted by remarks from the country's nuclear safety authority confirming that China will build new nuclear power projects this year for the first time in three years.
"China will start building new nuclear projects this year," said Liu Hua, head of China's National Nuclear Safety Administration and vice minister of ecological and environment ministry, at an industry conference on Monday
The State Council, China’s . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In