Chinese stocks of nuclear power equipment makers staged a strong rally on Monday boosted by remarks from the country's nuclear safety authority confirming that China will build new nuclear power projects this year for the first time in three years.
"China will start building new nuclear projects this year," said Liu Hua, head of China's National Nuclear Safety Administration and vice minister of ecological and environment ministry, at an industry conference on Monday
The State Council, China’s cabinet, has not approved any new reactor projects in around three years. It's the first official confirmation amid the . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In