Offshore bonds issued by Chinese real estate developers surged in the first eleven months of the year, despite tightening rules on homebuilders' financing. Leading developers' spending on land purchase so far this year hit a new record high.
Chinese mainland developers issued nearly $6 billion worth of bonds in the offshore market in November, according to data from the Centaline Property Agency and Wind Information.
That's an extension of a rising trend seen in . . .
To continue reading, please subscribe. You will get
- An indispensable and reliable source of information on China's economy and financial markets
- Original and in-depth reporting
- Details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere
- THE WIRE - a real-time financial news platform focused on China
- Daily Brief newsletter to get you prepared for every trading day
We highly value independence. We are solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of readers like you. Not ready for our full service? Try Free Weekly Newsletter first.
Already have an account? Sign In