Chinese real estate developers are rushing to raise money to repay maturing debts as a slowdown of home sales in a cooling housing market is placing more pressure on the cash-starved sector.
According to the Tongce Real Estate Research, 40 major real estate developers raised 79 billion yuan in January through debt or equity financing, an increase of 335.23 per cent from the 18.15 billion yuan in December 2018, the highest single-month amount in nearly one year.
To continue reading, please subscribe.
We highly value independence. Yuan Talks is solely funded by subscriptions from thousands of intelligent readers like you.
What you'll get:
- Systematic, timely and data-driven reporting on China's economy and financial markets with details, data and perspectives you don't read elsewhere!
- Daily Brief newsletter delivered before market open every weekday wrapping up the most important China-related stories.
- Weekly Market Wrap-up on A shares, Chinese bonds, the Yuan and commodities!
- Interviews with China experts. We find you insights you should never miss!
- Conference calls and events. Nothing is better than talking to newsmakers, experts and reporters directly, right?
Already have an account? Sign In